Benefits of Buying a Second Hand CarCollins | April 27, 2015 | 0 | Automotive
Several people today prefer buying second hand cars instead of new ones for plenty of reasons. For a start, prices of second hand cars are lower. Secondly, expenses incurred during the buying process like insurance and taxes are reduced. Other than price, a number of factors also exist that must be looked into before choosing the dream second hand car. After all, striking the right balance between risk and value is of utmost importance when purchasing a used car. These include:
- Reliability – Used cars seem to be more appealing as a result of improved reliability. Consumer reports indicate that cars that have been in use for five years in recent past exhibit fewer problems as compared to the five year used cars from 2007. A few years back, exhaust system of cars and rust posed numerous challenges. These days however, these problems are rare because car engines are sturdy, and smoke transmission is also less. Current cars can be on the road for more than 100,000 miles and will not pose any challenge of an overhaul. Some of them go for even 200,000miles. This however, depends largely on where one makes a purchase. With that, what the car dealers Beaudesert Au companies render to clients is the best pick.
- Warranties and Repairs – Used cars may be reliable, but repair and maintenance costs have to be considered too. A car’s life within the first few years is often covered by comprehensive warranty since it experiences fewer problems. To be safe therefore, there is a need for a mechanic to inspect everything to avoid problems in the future. That’s why, what the second hand cars Beaudeserthas nowadays is a great choice since they are tried, tested and found to be valuable.
- Depreciation – A new car has a major disadvantage; rapid depreciation. Once the car is driven off the dealership, its value begins to drop immediately. After just a few years on the road, the car’s value will go down by about 30%. It is imperative to know what each model’s worth will be in a few years to come. Thus, the new cars Beaudesert offers is again a perfect match to your needs. Depreciation is greatly determined by car model, perceived quality and design generation. A car buyer must have an idea before purchase.
- Safety – While several people prefer used cars; it could compromise the safety of the driver. Older vehicles may lack electronic stability control, airbags and frontal airbag systems meant to protect the head. Before purchasing second hand cars, an individual must ensure most features are present.
- Insurance – Second hand cars cost less in insurance in comparison to new ones.
- Certification – Buying a used car has the advantage of certified pre-owned programs. This happened before on luxury cars only before it moved to other models. Importance of certification include;
- Manufactures look for latest models with low mileage and no history of extensive damage.
- Certified vehicles undergo a thorough inspection process before they are accepted.
- They are covered by warranty that often extends beyond factory warranty.
- Most manufacturers offer financing on CPO cars.
Clients often look for the best available deals. You may consider deals from scenic motors.